Refurbishment of Solus Nightclub at Cardiff University Student Union
Working with Cardiff Union Services Ltd for the first time CJ Construction undertook the refurbishment of the Solus Nightclub within the Cardiff University Student Union.
The resounding transformation resulted in the creation of Y Plas - A multi-purpose venue for both daytime social learning and night time entertainment. Featuring a mezzanine balcony, new bars, a glass roof light and state of the art decor, the redevelopment has had excellent feedback from students and management alike.
The project took on three phases:
The demolition and complete rip out of the existing nightclub and surrounding space.
The construction phase that included numerous varied elements such as:
- The installation of an 11m x 11m roof light structure.
- A mezzanine level supported by 20 tonne of structural steelwork.
- The installation of helical staircases connecting the mezzanine level to the main space.
The fit-out phase that included:
- The installation of numerous bars including a 30m semi-circular bar.
- The fit out of the food court including various fully serviced units.
- The mezzanine fit out including numerous seating booths.
Please feel free to scroll through our photo gallery of the project below.